[Previous entry: "Happy Thanksgiving, one day late"] [Main Index] [Next entry: ""]
11/28/2004 Archived Entry: "Computer security news links"
In case you're wondering where I get my computer security news, here is a list of the web sites I visit when I have idle moments:
- The Register - my favorite source for Information Technology news.
- The Inquirer - my second favorite source. (Shorter articles; more about the latest PC hardware.)
- Internet Storm Center - news on the latest 'net attacks. Read the Handler's Diary.
- F-Secure - their blog seems to have the latest virus news.
- ISTS Security News - compendium of links to recent news stories. Usually good coverage of privacy issues.
There are more good links in a recent Internet Storm Center posting. Of these I'm adding the following to my "IT News" bookmarks:
- Secunia - one of the two best news sources for new software vulnerabilities. I really should visit them directly rather than through others' links.
- US-CERT - the other one of the two. I get their security alerts by e-mail, but here's their web page as an alternative.
- Zone-H - new to me; looks interesting.
- Security News Portal - new to me; looks interesting. Scroll down past the ads to the "latest news" columns.
I used to visit Netcraft frequently, but their site is no longer responding. Google still sees them, so I presume they've restricted access for some reason. -- brad